Pages

11 December 2011

Two days of sleep, and this is the best I could come up with

I think my body subconsciously understands--and acts as an accomplice--when I have to do something I don't want to do. Yesterday, it aided me by keeping me in bed until 4pm. I was not sick, unless you count sick of grading.

Our final class projects before Christmas break include speeches and Christmas storybooks. But I really wish we could do one giant all-class project. We would, utilizing teamwork and good communication skills, of course, build a giant flaming volcano centerpiece for our classroom (a precursor to Lord of the Flies?). Then I would walk by it with an armload of grading one day and accidentally trip, expelling the papers into the flames. We could roast marshmallows over the homework embers and sing Joy to the World, and that, my friends, would lead into a discussion on the true meaning of Christmas vacation!

I am going to go back to my bed now.

No comments: